Clifford Beers Housing | Jobs
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Division: Communications & Marketing
Supervisor: Executive Director & CEO
What you will be doing:
- Defining the annual communications roadmap and success metrics
- Rollout of newly defined brand, mission statement and core values
- Public Relations/Media
- Identify channels and messaging for Public Education
- Digital experience optimization
- Social presence
- Content creation, dissemination and cadence
- Building a team of high-performing marketing professionals
- Lead planning on key events (fundraisers/media appearances/ground breaking etc)
- Developing social media presence
- Guide messaging for speeches and media appearances for team
- Manage crisis communications as needed
- Develop a three-year staffing plan to grow with the organization
Responsible for the mentoring and recruitment of a top-tier content generation and communications staff.
Current direct reports: Manager of Marketing and Communications
Define any gaps in needs and supplement with free-lancers or agency resources as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
This is not an exhaustive task list, and other duties may be assigned as deemed appropriate or necessary by the supervisor.
- Create, implement, and evaluate organizational communications strategy under the direction of the Executive Director
- Responsible for the achievement of marketing/communications/public relations goals, priorities, and financial objectives
- Develop, implement, and monitor systems and procedures necessary to the smooth operation of the marketing and communications department
- Work with the Director of Operations to develop annual budgets for marketing & communications
- Develop, implement, and evaluate an annual marketing and communications plan that includes social media, print and digital content, and email marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging and marketing and communications strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, development, network support).
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing campaigns related to programs, special events, and donor cultivation.
- Guide the strategy on press outreach, including messaging in press releases, creation of press kits and materials, interview preparation, and responses to media requests, serve as representative for the organization to the media
- Produce events, including but not limited to grand openings, groundbreakings, and fundraising events
- Responsible for contracting and overseeing consultants and vendors associated with marketing activities of the organization
- Present branding, marketing, and public relations efforts to CBH’s board of directors
- Develop materials to attract venture philanthropists to invest in CBH and its developments
Who you are:
- A marketing professional who balances intuition, experience and data to drive effective communications across channels
- Experienced in digital media that will drive the modernization of our media and social channels
- Ability to navigate conversations with Board Members, key government officials, press and staff in way that reflects respect, passion and quick thinking
- A global thinker with the ability to distill large initiatives into achievable projects. You are a “thinker” and “doer”
- An adept communicator able to lead, redirect and guide senior staff with data and experience
- A person that loves a challenge, to define their own path and be fearlessly positive
- A thinker, a laugher who is energized by working with passionate left-right brain team
- At least five years’ professional experience in marketing, digital, marketing strategy. Agency veterans and corporate marketing staff encouraged to apply.
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects, establish workload priorities, and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong emphasis on compelling writing
- Performs under pressure and is comfortable with multiple interruptions; meet deadlines; work independently and prioritize effectively within tight time constraints
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, and with Adobe Acrobat
- 1-2 year’s media experience (broadcast/PR)
- Experience with a startup, or building a marketing team from the ground up highly preferred
An undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or a related area. Master’s degree desired. Experience in non-profits preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Proof of ability to work in the United States.
- Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance at all times and have the availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the Company’s service area.
Clifford Beers Housing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical or psychiatric disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position, nor cause undue hardship to the organization.
Please email your cover letter and resume to Logan O’Phelan at email@example.com
Clifford Beers Housing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Also, reasonable work accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position nor cause undue hardship to the organization’s operations.