Assistant Project Manager I
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: Senior project manager
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Clifford Beers Housing:
Clifford Beers Housing develops permanent supportive housing for the most vulnerable. Our commitment is to create thoughtfully designed, affordable and integrated communities to enhance the lives of individuals and families who have experienced mental illness and homelessness. CBH offers a comprehensive benefits package including a 403(b), medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans as well as vacation, sick, personal and holiday time off.
CBH is seeking a creative and enthusiastic individual for an entry-level position in its housing development department. The Assistant Project Manager I (APM I) will assist the housing development team in housing development tasks for projects in various phases of development. The APM I will focus on building their capacity and housing development skills. Staff evaluations occur once per year and for housing development are based on the performance of the individual and the department’s effectiveness in achieving production goals.
Essential Job Duties:
• Assist with tasks required to prepare funding applications for Low Income Housing Tax Credits and other public and private financing consistent with funding regulations and within funding deadlines
• Assist in the closing of acquisition/predevelopment, construction, and permanent phase loans and equity investor funds
• Assist in the preparation of project proformas and other financial spreadsheets
• Assist in performing tasks necessary to further site acquisition, entitlements, project funding, and construction, including, but not limited to, review of studies, reports, and loan documents; distributing documents and information to parties as needed, etc.
• Communicate with financing partners, consultants, and public agency staff
• Learn project problem-solving and enhance critical thinking skills through discussions with the housing development team and other CBH staff regarding project strategies
• Maintain project information in an accurate and organized manner
• Other duties as may be required.
A bachelor’s degree and preferably a master’s degree in business, finance, political science, public administration or urban planning is desired. Relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a master’s degree.
• Critical thinking skills and the ability to make reasoned decisions with limited information
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities, work, and information as needed
• Ability to perform under pressure with interruptions and to meet deadlines
• Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to synthesize and understand information from a variety of sources and documents
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Flexible work schedule that can accommodate demanding project deadlines
• Familiarity with the MS Office Suite, particularly MS Excel, Word, and Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat
• Maintain a professional demeanor in representing CBH to colleagues, constituents, funders, and public officials
• Passion and support for CBH’s mission.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
• Proof of ability to work in the United States
• Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license and auto insurance at all times and have the availability of an insured vehicle to travel within the Company’s service area.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at least 50% of the time; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand at least 25% of the time; walk at least 25% of the time; and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Clifford Beers Housing is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical or psychiatric disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position, nor cause undue hardship to the organization’s operations.
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com.