Asset Management Assistant – part time
Reports to: Office manager
CLIFFORD BEERS HOUSING
Clifford Beers Housing develops permanent supportive housing for the most vulnerable. Our commitment is to create thoughtfully designed, affordable and integrated communities to enhance the lives of individuals and families who have experienced mental illness and homelessness.
Clifford Beers Housing seeks a part time Asset Management Assistant to support the Asset Management department for 16-24 hours per week. The Asset Management Assistant position plays a key role in ensuring effective regulatory and investor reporting for all CBH’s housing developments in operations as well as supporting the asset manager in ensuring an economically sound and viable portfolio. These activities will be conducted and primarily supervised under the direction of the Office Manager, but will also work closely with the Asset Manager and Executive Director. This will be a part time position but may grow into a full time position as the organization and CBH’s portfolio grows.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Regulatory Reporting: Works with the Asset Manager and property management company to collect required information, prepare and submit periodic reports required by lenders and regulatory agencies for affordable and/or supported residential properties owned or asset managed by CBH. These include the California Department of Housing and Community Development (“HCD”), the California Housing Finance Agency (“CalHFA”), the California Tax Credit Allocation Committee (“TCAC”) and the Long Beach Housing Development Company (“LBHDC”), among others.
Investor Reporting: Monitors periodic reporting requirements of tax credit limited partners. Prepares and files information and reports as needed.
Department Calendar, Electronic Files and Databases: Maintains department calendar of reporting requirements. Scans significant documents and transfers to department’s electronic files. Monitors certificate of insurance database to maintain compliance with contract requirements.
• Provide administrative support to the Asset Manager
• Maintain electronic and paper filing systems
• Ability to appropriately handle confidential, sensitive and proprietary information
• Proficient typing skills; thorough knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Excellent grammar, editing and proofreading skills to complete and correct correspondence and reports
• Ability to represent the company in written, telephone and personal interaction with business partners and the public
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Take responsibility for moving tasks forward while seeking support when appropriate
• Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands and meet deadlines
• Ability to work professionally and effectively in team collaborations
• Other duties as may be required.
An undergraduate degree in business, public administration or a related area or relevant experience in the field. Experience in the non-profit industry is highly desired.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
• While performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit at least 50% of the time; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand at least 25% of the time; walk at least 25% of the time; and reach using feet, legs, back, arms and hands. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-30 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Clifford Beers Housing is an equal opportunity employer welcoming all who are qualified to perform the work. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to any qualified person with a medical or psychiatric disability, providing it will not change the essential nature of the position, nor cause undue hardship to the organization’s operations.
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.